Introducing Central Park
– Astrodeck are pleased to announce our newest Artificial Grass that arrives in Dec 2015. It is a very realistic, two tone green with brown and has a 30mm pile height. With our 7 year pro-rata warranty, Central Park is a new artificial grass that is ideal for residential and commercial lawns as well as school playgrounds. Easily laid as a DIY project or we can arrange installation for you.
Central Park is priced at only $22.00 per m2. Everything you need for your DIY project, including turf nails, base gravel and kiln dried sand are available – just call us on 08 9418 5602 or fill in the contact form for orders or enquiries.
So why consider Artificial Grass?
Lifestyle and ease of use. There is no doubt at all that in our busy lives time becomes more precious as we seek to juggle all our responsibilities.
- Mowing the lawn can take 2 to 3 hours out of your week and that is for a normal size garden.
- Artificial grass needs very little maintenance and can free up a lot of time.
- Watering Perth lawns is becoming more expensive and environmentally unacceptable
- Artificial lawns need no fertiliser
It is worth mentioning several groups of people who also find it very valuable:-
- Older people who cannot physically mow their lawns.
- Holiday home owners who are not always “on site” to look after their lawns.
- Landlords who don’t expect their tenants to mow the lawns.
- Commercial property owners.
- Schools who want low maintenance play areas which don’t need potentially harmful chemicals such as fertilisers and weedkillers.
Environmental issues. As our weather grows warmer there will be more pressure on restricting water usage. Hose pipe restrictions can really destroy a natural lawn, but artificial grass will not be affected. Another benefit from artificial grass is that it actively helps the environment. As well as substantially reducing water usage we also get –
- No carbon emissions from petrol driven lawn mowers.
- No fertilisers needed.
- Pollution from water run off carrying chemicals into the drains is minimised
Special circumstances. It always surprises people to know the varied circumstances when artificial grass can be beneficial. Here is a brief list:-
Dog runs. It can’t be dug up, its easy to clean and keep sterile and there will be no muddy paws. This makes it a favourite at dog kennels.
Swimming pools. Very useful as ground cover beyond the “splash back” area. No muddy areas to carry dust and dirt into the pool, no ruts from the sun loungers and stays green whatever the weather.
Apartments & Roof gardens. If your roof is not strong enough to support a natural turf cover then artificial grass will fill in very nicely. It also means that you don’t need to worry about the grass clippings.
High wear and tear areas. Very often, especially with children, you can end up with parts of the garden where constant usage will not allow grass to grow properly and bald patches which can turn to mud cause real problems. Carefully laid artificial grass can blend in with surrounding features and help overcome this.
Event management. We have often seen artificial grass used when there are a going to be a lot of people in the garden. A good example would be if a marquee was planned, such as weddings and parties.
Outdoor bars & restaurants. Artificial grass presents an ideal natural soft looking environment for outdoor bars and restaurants as opposed to the more harsch look of paving.